Thursday, June 11, 2009

Couponing

For the past three months, we have been watching every penny that goes in an out of our house. With the economy we have taken a new and detailed look at our budgeting/spending process. We know what is "enough" for our family...the bare minimum to live and what we need to live on each month. Sometimes, that "enough" is less than we anticipate.

So, we are combining all trips over 5 miles into one trip...errands, visits, appointments, etc.....cutting coupons (lots of them!), and not eating out. One website that has helped me tremendously has been www.southernsavers.com. I check it out weekly to find the best deals at CVS, Walgreens and Publix. I cut the coupons that they suggest (or print them) and save at least 50% on our groceries.

Just three weeks ago, the girls and I went to Publix. We bought $151 worth of groceries for just $65. It was amazing!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

you are a couponer too! I love Jenny's blog!! She does all the hard work and I get to save all the money!! Every penny helps! I have a closet where I keep all my "Free CVS/Walgreen Items". Friends and family like to shop in there:)