Monday, January 6, 2014

Familiar Territory...I Hate It!


Standing here in familiar territory yet feeling so out of place…again. The fall and the beginning of this year have brought so many surprises, hiccups and changes in our family that we have forgotten what God has already taught us about food. We have been eating out of convenience and speed. It has resulted in a 20 lb weight gain for me.

I have no excuses or justifications. Just reality. So, I’m back on track with the Lord (meaning I recognize how far I’ve fallen and where He desires for me to be). Although we have continued to exercise, which is the bright spot in this dismal confession, our eating has been garbage-like. Lots of sweets, processed foods and just junk.

It’s harder and slower to run when I’m 20 lbs overweight. As JT and I ran yesterday, I could feel every extra pound with each step. No fun. Lots of regrets. Guilt. Shame. And do you know why I feel guilt? BECAUSE I’M GUILTY. That’s why. Easy enough to understand that correlation.

So the plan is simple. Reread Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst. Soak in the Scriptures about honoring God with my body. Eat healthy and make wise choices. No sweets as they are just a downhill train wreck for me personally.

And then there’s exercise. Continue to run 3 days a week and Crossfit the other three days with one day of rest. I will push harder for His glory and my good. As I wrote out my goals for the year, I pinned the following under Exercise:

Run five 5Ks
Run a 5K in less than 30 min
Run 2 half marathons
Prepare for a full marathon in January of 2015


Yeah, I’m pretty much scared to death about that last one. I never saw that coming. I doubt myself completely. I don’t think I can do it. But, I’m willing to write it so that’s the first step.

It’s the new year and time for some changes. What are you going to do in 2014?

No comments: