Monday, May 4, 2015

Changing Seasons


As winter finally gives way to spring (feels like we are about a month late on that front), I sense the need to be nostalgic. Maybe it's because I have an 18 year old living under my roof who used to be a toddler. Or a young lady who is about to be a high school graduate and is heading off to Tennessee in just a few months.

Someone once said that "the days are long but the years are short." It is SO true, and I'm living those words each and every day. Our lives will never be the same as they are now. Things are changing. We are changing.


I cannot tell you that I've handled this well as I have found myself crying fairly often. I am so excited for our girl to be graduating and going off to college. I am proud of the woman she has become. She has learned the value of true friendship, how to stand firmly in her faith, how to pursue Christ relentlessly, the importance of a good joke (Laffy Taffy has nothing on her), the art of making coffee, and how to love her family and friends well. I am blown away by the privilege of being her mom.

At the same time our oldest will be leaving the nest. And that leaves four other kids who will miss her. The dynamics won't ever be the same. And that's a good thing. I'm trying to believe that.

When I don't know what to do, I simply repeat these truths (and that is happening a lot these days). God created the world. He loves us and wants us to obey Him. He can be trusted, and He is faithful. I will trust Him no matter what comes. He is coming back soon.

Repeat, repeat, repeat.....

No comments: