Monday, December 17, 2012

Getting Ready...




A memorable guest book - a fingerprint tree featuring the prints of all the guest. What a keepsake!



The bride and groom, Matthew and Morgan Smith.


EVERY girl dreams about THAT day. EVERY.SINGLE.GIRL. As one of my little kids was scrambling around my legs to get a better view, I could see it all. The bride was coming down the steps of the old historic house on the arm of her doting father. The groom was shuffling his feet in anticipation and tears were already streaming down his cheeks.

Then, she stood there at the back of the pavilion with a smile that radiated the entire park. The hours and days and years that she had put into this relationship, this wedding and ultimately this marriage, were upon them both. He saw her, and he wept. I could hardly see for all the tears that welled up in my eyes. Two lives brought together by God on a mission trip in the desert to be united on this day in holy matrimony. It was good.

If Pinterest EVER had a wedding, this was it. Creative, fun, and full of ideas that people will copy for years to come. I've shown just one of them above. I'll have to make a board just to display all the ideas..that I would have NEVER thought of...NEVER.

In watching the groom's anticipation, I couldn't help but think that most of us are just like that right now...at this time of year. We are eating every sweet in sight and well, exercise, that will just have to wait. I get it. I TOTALLY get it. But, we all know that we have a PLAN!

Most of our plans involve the new year. It is the perfect time to start over in various areas of our lives. Getting healthy tops the list for most people. Now is the time to anticipate the changes that you will make in the new year. What will 2013 hold for you? Will THIS be the year that you REALLY CHANGE your eating habits and exercise plan? YES! It can be...it will be!

Stay tuned for more so that we can walk this journey together! I still fight daily for health..and I need people who are doing the same. Join me in 2013 as we battle side by side!

No comments: