Monday, December 31, 2012

On Your Mark



Time's up. 2012 ends tonight and will only be a memory (a distant one for those of us over 40). It's a good thing. A really good thing. Goodbye 2012.

Goodbye is easy to say sometimes, and at other times, it is truly a struggle. I am personally kicking quite a few things to the curb:

- Goodbye excuses - you are only hiding my insecurities and lack of trust in the Father

- So long snooze button - you are not my friend

- Adios cheating...I STILL do not have enough discipline to just eat one bite

- Au revoir chocolate chips - you are my weakness and will no longer be in my house

I'm also saying goodbye to over 60 pounds that were packed on this time last year. I do not miss you AT ALL. I can walk into any store and pick up the size I think I am and it fits. That tastes better than any food I used to eat. And pounds - I'm talking to you - you are NOT allowed back in this house.

Saying goodbye means that we are entering a new part of our lives. It's time to start, to get going on a new venture. I'm saying hello to an inaugural phase of my life. Welcome to the following:

- Hello friends who have encouraged, supported and spurred me on. You are always welcome here. Your texts, emails, phone calls, etc have kept me from cheating, helped me run and focused my time on God's Word.

- Welcome back daily discipline of exercise. I will continue to run 3-4 days a week and add a cross training program for the other 2-3 days. I WILL be faithful to take care of what God has given me.

It's a race....a long one...not just for the here and now, but for the long haul. It's the beginning of tomorrow. We are becoming what we want to be. So, get on your workout gear, lace up your shoes and join me on the track.

ON YOUR MARK....

No comments: