Monday, February 10, 2014

Life is Grand (and other lies....)



A few pics of real life. You know, the ones you don't want to post or print or hang up in your house.

Let’s face it. My life is glamorous. And God-honoring. And just plain good. Isn’t yours?

No? Well, let’s be honest together. Neither is mine! Now, you can breathe a sigh of relief and know that that’s the truth for every single person IN THE UNIVERSE.

For the past three weeks, I have been down with mono. The kissing disease. Seriously. Laugh and get it out of your system. It started with headaches and worked its way into my bones. Cause if bones can be tired, mine are. My eyelashes are tired. My toenails are tired. I am exhausted.

The first week of sickness, I only left our room out of stir-craziness. My family quarantined me, and I was brought every single meal. It sounds heavenly, right? It was not because I felt like I was going to suffocate in between naps. I was not productive at all. I could barely hold my head up.

I was able to go to church this past weekend and prayed to the Lord that I wouldn’t snore during the service. By the time we got home, I was pooped. For the rest of the day. It is annoying. And I am NOT a good sick person. Never have been. I never finish all of my medicine (I really hope Doug and LaShane don’t read this). I refuse to take medicine unless it’s a matter of life and death. I do not think mono qualifies or most other illnesses. But, I digress.

However, I am not above taking medicine or herbs or oils either. And I’ve done them all this time around. Cause I’m sick of being sick. And why? Because I feel helpless and unproductive and lazy and bored and weary and you get the picture. I’m restless and dissatisfied and irritable and angry and rambling.

Why does rest not come easy when it’s time to rest? Why does it take an illness to make me rest more? Am I that hard-headed. Yep.

Working on contentment, people. It’s a long work in progress. Please pray that I would seek after Him and use my time recouping wisely. Because so far, I’ve failed at that. And that my friend, is as honest as it gets.

No comments: