Monday, January 5, 2015

Humiliation ALERT

Well, this is embarrassing, humiliating and disappointing all wrapped up into one statement: I have failed miserably.

Over the past year I have managed to generously pack on 30 pounds that I had lost. My harsh realization came the last weekend in November as we were running a half marathon. I knew I wasn’t fully prepared. And clearly, I was NOT. It took me 15 minutes LONGER than the last time I ran it. And, I was so mad at myself by the end of it that I couldn’t even relish in the fact that I had finished it.

Here’s the facts:

My exercise has been consistent in running 4-5 days a week with some cross-training thrown in for good measure.
My eating has been horrendous….Little Debbie snack cakes, biscuits with apple butter, chocolate chips, ice cream…you name it, I’ve claimed it.
My study of God’s Word about health issues has been non-existent. I’ve danced around those passages gladly while ignoring them willingly.


So, what do I do now? I start over. I REMEMBER….what God has already taught me and shown me along the way. REMEMBER, REMEMBER, REMEMBER!!!!

And, here’s the plan to get there:

1. Reread Made to Crave and study the Scriptures intently in regard to our physical well-being.
2. Set goals for the next two years concerning weight, clothing sizes, and running.
3. Hire an online running coach to help me reach my goals in 2015/2016.
4. Sign up for races to help keep goals in sight.
5. Stick to the healthy eating plan that we already know works and do not deviate from it. We know that we are WEAK in this arena and will need help.
6. Blog about the weekly/monthly progress to make sure that we are held accountable in a public forum.

With that being said, I weighed 184.4 when I stepped on the scale yesterday (that was December 1st). I am 5’6 so that’s overweight. My goal is to get back to 150-155.

I cannot think of anything more humiliating or transparent or scary to post right now other than that.

PS I originally wrote this blogpost on December 2nd but we've been so swamped during December that I didn't post it. In the past month, I've already hired a running coach, signed up for a 5K this month and lost 9 lbs....progress!

No comments: