Monday, June 25, 2012

Weight Loss Continues



The last time I showed you my scale, at least my toenails were painted nicely. Now, you can see how long I go in between getting that taken care of...and yes, this is the way they will be for the next few weeks too. But, on to more important things....do you see those numbers? 153! That means I have officially lost 55 lbs! I only have 8 more to go to get to my goal of 145 AND I am in the normal BMI range (that still thrills me) AND my pants no longer fit (any of them). I am going to have to go to the thrift store soon and find some that will stay up on their own.

I cannot honestly say that this has been a fun journey...it has not. There have been points where I just wanted to stuff my face full of sweets and work on the computer all day. I have been drawn to quitting, laziness, gluttony and apathy. But, God continues to pursue me in this area and pulls me back to Him. I resist and He reminds. I quit and He pursues. I make excuses and He points me to His promises. Oh, I am overwhelmed by His never-ending love and grace.

I do have to tell you that there have been markers along the way that took WEEKS to get past - 167 lbs (I was there for 3 weeks), 161 lbs (2 weeks), 158 lbs (2 weeks), 156 lbs (3 weeks). I didn't think I was going to lose any more weight, and it seemed so fruitless to keep going. But, I am NOT doing this for the weight loss, although that's a GREAT side effect. I am walking this journey because God instructed it. I am obeying Him, and yes, there are benefits. But, it is HARD...really hard some days and some weeks. When I DON'T see the results, I get frustrated.

Isn't that the point, Sheryl? You don't see what YOU want to see and you begin to question the journey and the Creator. It's NOT about YOU...it's about Him and His plan. Your job is to follow and to follow in such a way that He gets all of the glory and honor! Lesson learned AGAIN!

Are you frustrated today with where you are physically? Are you tired of wearing elastic pants? Do you want to try on clothes and not cry? What are you waiting for? Get out there and honor your Creator!

1 comment:

Jess Elyse said...

I love, love, LOVE this post! Thank you so much for posting it. It definitely has given me the encouragement that I needed today!
:-)