Monday, June 16, 2014

Read it and weep.

Every Father’s Day is the same…or it has been for the past 14 years. JT is gone on Father’s Day. The summer is the prime time for most people to go on a mission trip, and so, he leads others as they serve our Savior. And we are grateful beyond adequate words.

Since he’s away the kids have a little extra time to make their Father’s Day cards. As I prepared dinner, I sent the three youngest upstairs with only this instruction, “Jett, write Happy Father’s Day on the board so Zeke and Elly will know how to spell it.” And he did.

Then, they proceeded to laugh and make a lot of noise (not sure exactly how working on a card can cause that much commotion). The ceiling of the kitchen shook and I could hear them giggle. My high hopes for those cards pretty much went out the window.

And, then he brought me his card. Jett had the biggest smile on his face and placed it right in front of me. He’s not much of a writer and usually just puts the basics…the specific holiday, who the card is for and his own name. He’s more of a bottom line kind of kid.

I read it and wept. And I think you will too. There are no more words needed, but this kid pretty much summed up JT for all of us. Happy Father’s Day indeed. (we're still working on that spelling thing, just so you know).




1 comment:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

And now I'm on the floor. Bless him. That boy.