Thursday, April 11, 2013

It is NOT fair!!!

It was time. Many of us had been making excuses. Some of us have fallen completely off the wagon. Others are barely hanging on by a thread. Yet, God's voice has never been clearer. Remember. Return. Rejoice.

Remember what I have taught you and what you have learned. Return to me and take comfort in me. Seek your satisfaction in me alone. Rejoice in the victories I have given you. Take joy in me...because I AM and not because you are anything. I AM ENOUGH!

He whispers the thoughts in my head and they are replaying like a movie in my mind. Teach them my ways. Show them your weaknesses. Lay your soul bare...hold nothing back. When you show your sin, your messiness and your ugly side, I am most glorified because then NOTHING is about you. My strength, grace and mercy are seen in your weaknesses.

Those are the lessons that the Lord has been teaching me lately, so I called for a "Come to Jesus" meeting last night in our Bible study time together. And, we all need it. Me first and foremost. I need to learn the lessons over and over and over again. I am a very slow learner apparently.

The biggest lie we dove into was the "It's NOT fair" argument that ALL of us as women have faced, shouted and promoted throughout our lives. Saying “it’s not fair” has cause many of us to toss aside what we know is right for the temporary thrill of whatever it is that does seem fair. In fact, it’s one of satan’s biggest temptations - it’s a special occasion, just one won’t hurt, you deserve this. But, once we taste the forbidden fruit, we crave it worse than we did before.

We looked at a clue that we are relying on our strength...it's called a "pity party." And, we are good at hosting parties. We decorate the room and make it look so appealing. We serve drinks and food to delight our guests. We are the center of attention because we are struggling...life is hard...life is way harder than anyone else. Also known as "I'm drowning and I can't breathe. Somebody help me. The least I can do is to treat myself to something special since no one is helping me."

Satan's lie that life is not fair leads to the idea that special times deserve special exceptions to your usual parameter. Anything else is definitely not special and certainly not fair! Light bulb moment...stop and say “that feels good now, but how will it feel in the morning?”
weakness doesn’t mean defeat...it is my opportunity to experience God’s power firsthand.

Okay, those are the problems. But, how do we tangibly face them and combat the enemy. There's only one way...God's Word. My opinion and my tips mean NOTHING. They are weak and lame. They have no power. But, His Word is powerful and can defeat the adversary. Let's jump in:
-2 Corinthians 2:9-10: weakness is HARD but it does NOT mean defeat. It can lead to defeat but it does NOT have to! Compromise leads to compromise which leads to failure. But resisting temptation leads to promise after promise being built up in our hearts as real. That leads us to the Holy Spirit’s power to resist and say no! God’s power working through my weaknesses!
-I cannot slide even for a second or a moment right now. That day WILL come but it is not now. I am not strong enough yet in Christ.
The reality is that we ALL have things in our lives that we need to surrender, back away from , say no to....it is part of laying down our own agenda each day. I MUST decrease and He MUST increase! John 3:30
-James 1:3-4 Resisting temptation is a learning process of not relying on my own strength but on God’s strength...which leads to perseverance!
-Deuteronomy 2:3 - we have to determine that we will stay the course. We will not stray or look away. How? (1) by being honest before the Lord. Prayer honestly before the Lord admitting issues. (2) being still before the Lord - Romans 8:26 (3) Empty ourselves of the lies and replacing them with God’s truth.

Here are two lies that replay constantly in my mind and the truth that God has shown me:

(1) You can not do this. Look at you..you are getting old and you have kids and this is just what you are stuck with. God, one of Your names is El Shaddai. You are the All Sovereign One and the God of More Than Enough!

(2) Why don’t you just give up now? What difference does it make? No one else will know. Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
Psalms 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!


Life is not equal but it is fair. Why? Because the Creator of the Universe made the world and mankind, and He is a JUST and Holy God. Everything He does is perfect and is for our good and His glory. So, life is just. We deserve hell and death, so anything above that is WAY more than fair..it is good and gracious. Today, I will be thankful for that.

No comments: