Thursday, October 25, 2007

Six Weeks in PGN


Today marks the six week point in PGN. We are supposed to get another legal update from Lauren in the next week, and we are praying that we are still in PGN and haven't been kicked out. I realize that my concern, worry and eagerness play NO part in whether we are in or out. God is sovereign and He's in control.
On Wednesday nights, I teach 3rd graders at our church. Right now, our curriculum is based on prayer.....how to pray. The kids amaze me every week and last night was no different. One of the girls in my class proclaimed, "Satan is just always trying to distract us from hearing God's word, so if we want to listen to God, we need to pray!" Oh, she was right. I must pray daily and remain in the spirit of prayer in order that my focus will remain on Him and not on me! It is a constant fight against the flesh.
Each day as I count down the days (I promised I was not going to be one of those people, and now I am), I hand our situation over to Almighty God. I know He is in control, and His timing is perfect. I'm so thankful that He refreshes my sould daily and takes my worries away.
We'll keep updating the journal weekly until we have some more definitive news. Now, we've added new pictures and will continue to do so as we get them.

No comments: