Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another Year Older....




Today was my birthday. I had forgotten the date until my friend Lora and I were traveling across town to visit some children. She had to remind me! By the way, I would encourage you to follow her blog at www.vitafamiliae.com. They are adopting a little girl here and have 5 kids at home in Birmingham, AL. Lora is a dear friend and a fabulous writer…love her! Time is of little importance here, and my days are totally messed up. Plus, the time difference between home and here makes me forget if it’s day or night.

But, one of my cherished memories of today is my new son Zeke singing Happy Birthday to me….sounded more like “Hoppy Bursday toooo youuuuuuu.” And then, my friends Angelia and Susie had prepared a surprise for me before we left Alabama. Tonight, we celebrated at a local Italian restaurant. Their surprise included confetti, balloons, streamers, party favors (even for the waiters), a candle, and some of my favorite snacks! I felt loved!

Then, I open emails to find hundreds of birthday wishes. Wow…I am beyond blessed. Please know that I am grateful beyond words…I wish I could express my thankfulness to each of you personally. But, time is limited (and sometimes electricity too) and 5 kids are keeping me on my toes.

I’m so thankful that God has placed each of you in my life. May His name be honored and glorified above all else!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheryl, so glad you had a happy day. We will have so much to celebrate when you get home. Hopefully this will be very soon.
Love you - Mom
PS - Remember, not older - BETTER!!
God's blessings and care.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sheryl!
We have lots to celebrate when you all get home: Valentine's
Day, Two Birthdays, Two precious members of the family. Our generous God has blessed us beyond measure. February might become my favorite month if it wasn't so cold.
We love you all,
John & Mary

Unknown said...

if it's ANY consolation, i'm home in the states and STILL don't know if it's day or night, day of the week or date of the month :)

i do wish you a very happy day!

much love,
ah

Anonymous said...

Hope your African birthday celebration can tide you over till we can hug you stateside. Love and Hugs!! Carol B.