Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Six Things....

This post was written this morning before our day began....read all the way to the bottom to see what happened.......

In order for our family of seven to come home tomorrow night, there are 6 things that MUST take place today in a particular order. Now, keep in mind that we are in Africa and EVERYTHING is done on African time. So, we have been realistic with our expectations and accomplishing one thing a day is worthy of a medal!

So, asking for 6 things is like asking your invalid grandmother to run a marathon....we CANNOT make this happen. It's impossible. But, our God is the God of impossibles. He is Sovereign, and we are resting in Him today. Just now as we were in the van, I prayed, "God, help me not to plan this day or try to manipulate the situation. I pray that my will/desires will die to Yours alone. I trust You."

For those of you who are praying....here are the specifics (as each one happens, we will update):

1. Go to the Embassy at 7:30 am and beg for an appointment this afternoon. (DONE!!!!)
2. Receive our passports. (DONE!!!)
3. Contact our travel agent to get flights for Zeke and Elly. These have already been paid for and placed on hold but are waiting on passport numbers for ticketing. (DONE!!!)
4. Receive our court order and have it notarized. (DONE!!!)
5. Receive our court ruling and have it notarized. (DONE!!!)
6. Have a favorable interview at the US Embassy at 3:00. (DONE!!!)

We can't thank you guys enough for all of the prayers. We know that the Holy Spirit is ministering to us through all of you!!!!

THAT'S RIGHT....GOD SHOWED HIMSELF GLORIOUS ONCE AGAIN! It is a miracle of the Lord that all of these things happened today! We are coming home.....we will be arriving in Birmingham at 9:35 PM on Friday night on American Airlines. Praise, honor, and all glory belong to God alone!!!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you can see it is 4:00 a.m. here. I am praying for you even as I type this. God is faithful and He will attend to your needs. Looking forward to hearing good news from you!! Remember I have a transfusion today, but will have my cell phone with me. Hang in there! Love you so much and praying hard - Mom

Anonymous said...

Praying now and will have the boys pray when they waken that God's favor will rest on you as you seek this miracle today.
Sandra

Angie Mitchell said...

Praying..

Angelia Stewart said...

Rich and I are praying together for you all this morning - trusting His will, His sovereign hand and His timing. We are ready to welcome you home! We love you!!

Debra said...

Praying for those passports! Heard via a tweet that the passport machine had a malfunction?? Praying that doesn't affect you....

BayLee Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy Taylor said...

Woohoo! I'm rejoicing with you!

Anonymous said...

God is so good and gracious!! His plans are far above ours! Hallelujah our God reigns!! This is absolutely incredible, thanks be to God! PK

Misty said...

I found your blog through a mutual friend. Praising God for his provision and praying He will ease this transition for everyone.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited here that you guys are coming home. It was all God. Praise goes to him. Love you all and can't wait to see you guys. <3

Anonymous said...

JT thanks for your call - I was at the infusion lab when you called. God is faithful and God is Good!! His hand and His heart has been in this all the way. Can't wait to see my grandchildren - Kaitlyn, Madison, Jett, Zeke and Elly. I pray for your safe flight home. My love always!
Mom

Danielle said...

I was so excited to read this wonderful news on my way home from work (at the stop lights of course!) I read your list yesterday and thought, wow, long road ahead to get all that done in a short time! God is incredible and shows himself to be faithful even in paperwork and interviews! Can't wait to see y'all soon!

thewho? said...

Praised be the Father!!!!!

Tamarah Horton said...

Congratulations "JTs"! I know you are all so relieved and excited to be coming home. What a wonderful and miraculous account of the faithfulness of God. I have loved sharing your story with my children and showing them a picture perfect example of I Cor. 11:1 - Follow me as I follow Christ." You're actions and attitudes have exemplified Christ all of the way and have been a great model to many looking on. Look forward to seeing you all!