Thursday, February 10, 2011

This One's for Jett



e

Today, February 10th, is Jett's birthday. He is seven! It's so hard to believe that he is already 7...time truly does fly by! He is a gift from the Lord to our family, and we are so blessed!

So, about 3 months ago, Jett asked for a birthday present...one that I knew I had no way to control....one that I could NOT provide. He asked for a brother....

Today was our court appointment, and to be honest, I just wanted to throw up and cry all at the same time. To all the mothers out there, it was that feeling right before you see your child for the first time. It lasted about 3 hours.... I prayed throughout the entire court proceedings (let's be honest...some was in Lugandan and other parts were just so quiet, I couldn't hear a word they were saying).

As we left the court room, we had to cross the hall to get our oldest three children (there wasn't enough room for everyone in the courtroom). I called Jett over to me and said, "Well, do you remember what you asked for your birthday?" "Yes!" he exclaimed with hopeful eyes. "God has provided more than you asked...it's a brother and a sister," I told him joyfully!

God has shown Himself faithful to His promises! I KNEW that people were praying for us around the world...we felt the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit! What a blessing! Praise be to the Father above for his goodness! I've been so unfaithful at times, yet He has remained faithful! All glory and honor and praise to Him ALONE!!!!

Thank you is NOT enough for the hundreds of notes of encouragement we have received and the prayers that we know were prayed! We are grateful beyond measure! We love you all!

So, tonight we will celebrate Jett's 7th birthday with 2 new family members! We will receive our court order on Wednesday and turn in all of our paperwork to the US Embassy. We hope to be home sometime in the next few weeks!!!

24 comments:

Allison Lewis said...

FANTASTIC news to wake up to this morning!!!!! so thankful for the lord's goodness and faithfulness. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Jason P. said...

JT & Sheryl-
Words cannot express the joy I have for your family. My family has continued to pray for you and this proceeding, and praise be to God that He has guided you all through this procedure. The two children really cannot understand the blessing that has been given them in adding them to the Turner family. Congratulations that this part is over, and we will continue to pray for you guys as you continue on this journey.

Angie said...

What amazing news!!! So thankful you have shared your journey with us. This news made my day! Happy Birthday to Jett!

Angelia Stewart said...

Hallelu!!! Praise His Name!! So happy for you all! Happy Birthday Josiah Jett Turner! God is good all the time!!

David said...

Amen

Unknown said...

What awesome news. Such a blessing, and it's Paula's birthday today as well. Don't know if I can match Jett's gift though. Can't wait to see you guys soon. God Bless

Anonymous said...

Sheryl - Thanks so much for your call. Praise the Lord at the good news. I now have ten grandchildren - wow - what a blessing. Now I pray that the US Embassey will move quickly. Happy Birthday, Jett - we will celebrate when you get home with your brother and sisters!!
Still praying and look forward to more good news. So glad JT is feeling better - take it easy, Son. You have so much ahead of you so you need to be well.
I love you all - Mom/Meemaw

The Taylors said...

Wonderful news! We are celebrating and rejoicing with you this morning. Happy Birthday to Jett, I can't think of a more wonderful present.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Jett and congratulations!!!

Donna Houston said...

Praise God! Of course Jett is so special to us! Please give him a big hug and kiss for us and let him know what an extra special place he has in our hearts. I will never forget the first time we saw him! God is good...very good! So glad the court was successful!
Love and Blessings, Jim and Donna

Loree Parkinson said...

I woke up at 2:00 a.m., so I assumed it was to pray for you, which I did until 3 - so thankful it all worked out - can't wait to see you next month and hear all about it in person!

Christy Taylor said...

What a praise! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Amiee Reeves said...

Sheryl, your families story is amazing. I'm so thankful that everything went well for you in court. My family and I are in the beginning of the adoption process. I think we have the same social worker, Leslie. We are adopting two children from Kabalagala. We don't have a time line. I am so happy for you and your family. I will continue to lift you up in prayer. God is faithful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, dear friends! Celebrating the great news of God's provision for you...and for Jett!

Jess Elyse said...

Such amazing news! The Father is so good and has blessed us inmeasureably! Congrats on your two new family members! They are absolutely precious!
And I wish a VERY Happy Birthday to Jett!
What an amazing birthday to celebrate with family. :-)

Elisa Coker said...

God is so faithful... I knew I was going to get to meet Zeke and Elly! I am so happy for you both and what an amazing birthday present to Jett from the Lord above. Happy Birthday Jett! Will continue to pray for you all. It is really amazing to be on the outside looking into your family and seeing God at work - I am so blessed to call you friends.

Anonymous said...

So excited to hear the news! Happy Birthday to Jett! I am still so amazed by the many and varied ways that God shows us his love and faithfulness. Sometimes it's in the small things that God most strongly shows His hand in our lives. God is great! Congratulations Turner family!

Angie Mitchell said...

Praise God, best news I've heard all week. I'm so happy for you all, I can't wait to meet Zeke and Elly Turner. God is so faithful and true. Congratulations!Happy Birthday Jett!

Melanie said...

God also woke me up at 3:15 this morning and I knew exactly why! Praise the Lord for His abundant grace and perfect timing! What a wonderful birthday present for your sweet Jett! Much love!

Anonymous said...

Amen! Awesome news. Sheryl...I know exactly what throw up feeling you are talking about. I cannot wait for you all to be back home and enjoy your precious family in your own home. God bless you all!Mica

Amanda said...

How exciting! I still remember Jett's first week in the 4 year old class at church and how timid he was. He's grown into such a fun-loving, wonderful boy!

Unknown said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! I am THRILLED for you Jett!!!! What a perfect, amazing and special birthday gift!! We wish you a happy, happy birthday! We love you and your family and can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! He hears the prayers of the faithful and especially those from little children. I knew you would get great news on your court day - I could feel it.

Look forward to seeing the whole family of 7 Turners when you return.
Sharron Schafer

holly h said...

Those pictures are sooooooooo cute!
I love the one of Elly with the
sunglasses on! (It looks like something that I would do!! LOL!!)

We miss y'all!!