Saturday, February 5, 2011

Prayers Needed...






Just this past week we have seen/heard of 2 families getting kicked out of court. That means that they will go home and have to come back later for their children. This breaks my heart...and makes me anxious about our own case. I worry that the same thing could happen to us. I'm not an anxious person most of the time....however, I have one child who is. And, once she heard this news, she began to worry...each day she cries about the possibility of leaving Africa without her brother and sister. So, we pray.

This Thursday is CRUCIAL to our adoption process. We need a favorable ruling from the judge in order to adopt both children. Once the judge gives his approval, we will only need the official document from him. Then, we get to deal with the US Embassy.... So, we are asking that everyone pray diligently for us on Wednesday and Thursday. The court case is scheduled for 12:00 our time which is 3:00 am for our friends in the Central Time Zone (the rest of you guys can figure your time I think)! Please beseech the Father on our behalf...we are earnestly praying for a favorable ruling!

Speaking of favorable, I must admit that most of these days I'm consumed with fear and confusion. The environment is wearing us down, and we are all tired. But, God has granted us friends and family who are encouraging us every day. I can't possibly list everyone who has shared their hearts with us, but I do want to tell you guys that God uses you to minister to us daily. As I read your encouraging words to the family, we are all moved to a great sense of gratitude. God has blessed us immensely!

6 comments:

Missi said...

praying!

LaRessie said...

praying my friend!

Unknown said...

I am still praying, I will have you added to the church prayer list here at Westwood and will also let our friends to be praying! We love you and I know God is doing amazing works right NOW! Satan loves to bring fear and doubt into the heart of those who love Jesus. It is a temptation that many cannot escape. 1 Corinthians 10:13 is a verse that I love because GOD IS FAITHFUL!
I like the way the Message Bible says it..specifically for your situation... "No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it."

Love you bunches...Stay Strong! Sandy

Anonymous said...

FFBC prayer warriors are praying for all of you. I know that you are so anxious and even fearful of what will happen in court. I also know that your trust is in the Lord knowing that He is in control and He doesn't make mistakes. Your family has you constantly in our prayers, in our thoughts and in our hearts. When you turn from your problems to the Lord's presence, your load is immediately lighter. Circumstances may not have changed, but He carries your burdens with you. Your compulsion to "fix things" gives way to a deep, satisfying connection with the Lord. Together you and the Lord can handle whatever the day brings. I love you all!! The pictures are great - today the first picture of JT and Elly you can see the love and proud Papa on JT's face. My love, hugs and prayers, Mom/Meemaw

Unknown said...

Praying...and you can rest assured that the Boys will have this momma up at 3 am. We love you guys with our whole hearts - and that's how we're praying!!!!

Gayle said...

Came over here from my friend, Lora Lynn's blog. My family and I will be praying for you tomorrow as you go to court. God is so faithful.