Thursday, January 10, 2008

Home At Last!


We made it home on Tuesday, January 9th (as planned) although we barely made our last flight. We had almost 2 hours in between landing in Atlanta and leaving for Birmingham, but with customs, immigration and security, we made it onto our 2nd flight with only 10 minutes to spare (and no dinner at that). We were greeted at the airport by many of our amazing friends and family! What a treat.


I was personally determined to hold it together and not cry all over everyone. Well, that thought was smashed to pieces as soon as I saw Pansy Merriwether. She has been like a mother to me, and I admire her SO much. What a joy to have her in my life! She and her husband Jim are mentors to us, and they have walked this 2 year journey with us. It was truly a blessing to see them there!


We got home about 10:15 that night with 3 very sleepy children. However, the moment Jett walked into the house, he was totally revved up and ready to see it all. He ran from room to room saying "oh wow" and "look"...it was awesome! Then, he finally got to his room, and he ran and jumped on his bed....."mi cama!" He was SO excited. He even slept in his bed all night (until 7:30 the next day). What a joy!
He is learning so much already, and he amazes us daily with his excitement over little things....how a recliner works, the noise of a vacuum cleaner, the buttons on a dishwasher, the thrill of a trampoline and so much more.
He's napping now, so I have to get ministry duty done. Thank you all for your prayers. We will continue to blog (moreso when JT returns from his Arizona trip) and keep you up to date with our family. We love you all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheryl,
I met and played with Jett while I was on a mission trip to Eagles Nest in November. What an awesome little guy you have! He is so much fun and SO smart! It makes my heart feel so happy to know that he is now home with his family!! Blessings to all of you!
DebbieT

Anonymous said...

I have so been waiting to see this post! (but then I can't imagine how great you must feel writing it). I'm so glad to see and hear that you all are doing well. Again, thanks for sharing your story. He's so handsome. It's neat to be reminded again how great the 'little things' are that we too often take for granted.
-Tim

Whitney said...

Thrilled to see you all home at last!

The Wilkens Family said...

It's good to hear you are safely home. I know I have said it before, but Jett is soooo cute! Welcome home!

Jenny said...

Welcome home Jett! I'm so happy for you. Tell your mama to email me and I can send pictures of you from my trip in November! I have some funny pictures of you if she'd like them. Loco Jenny

bland6@mchsi.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! We are SO excited and can't wait to see you ALL! Our prayer continue as you all adjust and JT travels. May you rest, play, and enjoy every minute of God's plan for your lives! What a Mighty God We Serve!
Love Always!
David, Michelle, Michael, & Beth

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Turners! What an experience Solola was! Just being on the mission trip was awesome enough, but seeing you all come together as family was incredible. Jett is an amazing little boy.
May God continue to bless your very special family.
All my love,
Janet

Unknown said...

Welcome Home!! I am so thrilled that you all are home safely. I am very anxious to see my new grandson and am a little envious of those who were at the airport to welcome you home - however, when the time is right, I will be able to see all of you and hopefully, hold and love on my new grandson. Kaitlyn and Madison, I miss you sweet girls so much. I still have some Christmas presents for you that came in after you left to get Jett. I will bring these when I come to see you - hopefully soon. I pray for all of you every day and I am praying for your Daddy while he is in Arizona. Jett, I can't wait to see you and give you a big hug. I thank God for all He has done to bring Jett home with all of you. I love you - Memaw