Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow in Alabaster, Alabama!





Yep, it's snowing today...in Alabaster, AL. For you northerners, this may be an every day occurence. Down here, not so much. I haven't seen it snow here in probably 4 years (and that was a dusting). Now, take it for what it's worth but everything (and I mean everything) is closed today. The South shuts down for snow....we're in awe of something we've never seen. To our credit, people here can endure quite a lot....tornadoes, hurricanes, and 100% humidity to name a few....snow is not one of those things we endure. We enjoy it, and we use it as a great reason to close down all known businesses!


Jett took a few minutes today to stand in awe of the snow as well. He didn't even know the word for snow, so when I told him it would snow (nevar), he looked at me like I was saying he should eat a monkey. So much for Spanish when a 3 year old is involved.


He warmed up to the snow quickly, finding out that it is just cold water, and it can be consumed. Anything that can be eaten is delightful! Jett called his Poppa and told him "it nowing" (yes, there's no s's where's he's concerned). He loved it, and we're sharing these pictures with you to show you just how much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been praying that you would have snow. YEA YEA YEA!!! I am sure the kids are having lots of fun.

Natalie

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad Jett (and the girls I'm sure) got to enjoy it...Ours snow is almost all gone already, but I know my little one here sure did love it too while it lasted...Maybe we won't have to wait another 4 years for it next time.

Anonymous said...

SNOW!!! Spencer wanted so bad to talk to Jett about the snow. I am sure he loved it... just as we did. Seeing how Poppas not there I hope you taught him how to have a snowball fight. K and M we miss seeing you. Hugs to ALL

LALA

Whitney said...

We have been short on snow in the midwest this winter, but it is brutal cold...I know Ellie will be plenty surprised at the sensation of being cold (never happens at EN!) that first car trip home!

Jett looks precious playing in the "'now"!